SEO Content Writing
This content is included in your SEO plan.
Common questions from clients
Learn why our style of SEO content writing is important.
SEO Content Writing
SEO Content Writing
Frequently Asked Questions
Other Clients Have Asked, Here Are The Answers
Why do we need so much content?
- The algorithms of search engines rely on content to understand who you are and what you do. Images and graphics only take you so far, as they aren't actually explaining your products and services. Google crawls all the text on your site and ranks you accordingly. Therefore, if information on your products and services is sparse, Google won't be ranking you for those products and services. Having a website isn't enough to rank online, it needs to explain in text format what it is you do.
Does the content have to be visible?
- Yes! Many clients try to hide this content so humans can't see it. The entire point of content is to help that individual page rank. If you bury it on a page humans are never going to see, search engines aren't going to help you rank for the pages you do want prospects to see. The content does need to be on your main pages BUT it does not have to take center stage. For every client, we place our content at the bottom of your webpages, just above your site footer. This means Google will see it but the majority of humans won't. How do we know this? On average less than 20% of individuals will scroll to the bottom of any webpage. Remember, content is a huge factor in helping your website rank.
This content seems generic, shouldn't it read better?
- Google loves to read content at a reading level of ages 12-16 generally. By being at this reading level, they can crawl your website quickly. The quicker they crawl your site and read this content that explicitly states who you are and what you do, the better likelihood of ranking.
- Our content should have 95% accuracy for grammar, structure and spelling by the time it gets in your hands. Remember our writer writes it and edits it. Your project manager will also edit it before it gets to you. Even though there are multiple team members from Agency Jet looking at it, we read A LOT of content and can miss the odd grammatical or spelling error.
- Flow of a content piece is often dependent on the opinion of the reader. As the client, you are an expert on your business, our writers are not. We are experts on helping people rank online. Therefore we call our content COLLABORATIVE CONTENT. We expect you'll have edits and we HEAVILY RELY on our clients to make sure the content sounds similar to their brand and traditional messaging. It takes time for our writers to improve and we can only improve with your help.
This content seems like English is their second language, where are your writers from?
- All of our writers use English as their primary language.
- Our writers come from all over the world.
- Many GENERAL content writers are journalism, creative writing, English and communication majors in universities across the world.
- Many clients cite our content as being poor because we don't sound like experts on our first try. You are the experts in your field, not us. We need collaboration to improve and often, with your help, content gets much better with each and every piece we write for you.
This content makes no sense to me, why did they write this?
- Think of it this way. If you hired an experienced marketing employee who had never worked in your particular industry, you'd expect there to be a learning curve for them, right? We're no different. Our COLLABORATIVE CONTENT is dependent on your feedback and training us in your field. Remember, we write content for the algorithms first. We know what works online. We send every piece of content to you so you can help us make what we wrote sound like your business.
- Every piece of content stems from a strategy that is approved by you. If we write it, it's because we have previous agreement from you to write SEO focused content on your products and services.
- When we don't have resources from the client, we view page one results on Google for the keyword phrases you hope to rank for and take inspiration from what we see there. Of course this content must be unique and cannot be copied from those resources so we try our best to mimic their sentiment but in our own words.
I see my competitors don't have as much content on their site, why do we need it?
- Every website is different and we cannot speculate on your competitors' success because we haven't been able to get under the hood on their site like we have yours.
- Many times competitor sites rank well because of the following reasons:
- They've done their own SEO in the past
- Their website has been around for many years
- They have many high quality backlinks
- They have more than one location and therefore have more opportunity to rank locally and nationally
- They are using other digital marketing strategies like Pay-Per-Click, Social Media Advertising or Multimedia Marketing
- Many clients who come to us are playing catch up. A rock solid strategy focused around content is the quickest way to start competing with them online.
STILL NOT CONVINCED OUR CONTENT WORKS?
- Check out the RESULTS + STATS tab on this very page!
- Read up on ENHANCED content on this very page and ask your project manager about it.
- Our clients are always welcome to hire other content writers. We can give you the strategy and they can produce the work.
Results + Stats
Why are we so adamant about content? It's simple. It works!
- You'll have an upwards trend in the majority of your keywords by your 4th month.
- You'll see more Google traffic to your site by your 4th month.
Some Important Things To Consider
- The average page one ranking on Google is over 1,800 words long. (Source)
- Webpages under 250 words are considered to be social media focused rather than business focused.
- It is recommended to have a minimum of 250 words on a webpage and ideally over 350 words. Blog posts that are expected to rank online should have a minimum of 500 words while many will say that 2000+ words is the minimum for a blog post. (Source)
- 72% of marketers said that having a good content strategy was a major key to their success in 2018. (Source)
- Content has been proven to be the most effective way to market your business online.
- Content marketing gets three times more leads than paid search advertising. (Source)